Nature morte is the French term for what we call still life. 'Dead Nature' versus 'Still Life'. An intriguing contrast within two different languages. What lived and what is still alive, motionless. An underlining of the friction between language and image, because both terms want to point out the same.
The paintings of Wiel Wiersma are solving some of these incomprehensible differences , because they carry us within the magical world of ordinary, often unnoticed things.
- Author(s): Wiel Wiersma, Aris Sanders
- In collaboration with: Chris Manders (voorwoord)
- Language: Dutch
- Pages: 40
- Size: 168 x 230 mm
- Edition: softcover
- ISBN: 9789070108656
- Year: 2012
- Illustration: Wiel Wiersma
- Publisher: Lecturis
- Design: vanRixtelvanderPut Ontwerpers
- Other: tentoonstelling 27-29 april in www.artspaceflipside.nl
- Price€ 10,-